Tennis: Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams got Wildcard for Cincinnati Open
Maria Sharapova of Russia and Venus Williams of America have been given Wildcards at the Cincinnati Open.
The tournament will be played from 10th to 18th of August. Just a week later, the fourth and last Grand Slam US Open of the year will begin. That’s why Cincinnati Open is considered very important.
Andre Silva, tournament director at Cincinnati Open, said, “Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams are two great champions of tennis history.
We are both keen to join this world-class field and to start the competition.
Maria Sharapova Achievements:
- Maria Sharapova has won the Cincinnati Open in 2011.
- She last participated in this tournament in 2014. Then they lost in the semifinals.
- Maria Sharapova has won a total of 36 titles in her career. These include five major tournaments.
- She is among the six female players who have achieved the Career Grand Slam.
- Maria Sharapova has won the Australian Open, Wimbledon and American Open once.
- She has become a champion twice in the French Open played at Clay Court.
Venus Williams Achievements:
- Venus Williams has won a total of 49 titles in her career.
- It includes seven Grand Slam singles titles.
- She was the world’s number-1 player for 11 weeks.
- He also won the Singles Gold at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Venus will play for the seventh time at the Cincinnati Open. He has never won this tournament.